Where can you find your Conveyancing questions answered all in one place?
You know, those simple and straightforward conveyancing questions that you need to know.
Where can you find a simple and easy to read refresher course in conveyancing and buying and selling your home?
Perhaps you want answers to questions you once knew but are not sure may have changed since you last moved.
In essence, where can you get the lowdown on the what, why, which, when, where and the how of the Conveyancing process?
The Home of Conveyancing
We have published hundreds of blogs on all aspects of buying and selling your home since we were the first law firm back in 2008 to blog on Conveyancing.
We like to feel we are the home of Conveyancing - your one-stop resource to equip you with everything you need to know about moving home.
In March 2011 we published a blog a day setting out everything we thought you would need to know about Conveyancing in 31 bite-sized chunks.
We thought it was high time to update that series and give you a blog a day for the whole of May.
Your Conveyancing Questions Answered
We’ve split the posts into four sections which we think will make the information more digestible – our original series was after all condensed everything into bite-sized chunks.
Our aim is to provide you with as much background information to help your through your Conveyancing Journey from start to finish – and better still before you start until you finish.
How Much Do You Need to Read?
We’ve tried to make this series as concise and as easy to read and digest as possible.
It will really help you if you read all the posts (we say that though) but as each individual sale or purchase transaction may be slightly different you can mix and match or dip in as you require.
We will also be making printable PDF versions as we go on and also provide you with dozens of linked-to resources which we feel worthy of your attention.
So, what you can expect from our Conveyancing Questions Answered series.
What will the blog a day in May reveal?
Section 1: What You Need To Do Before You Ever Meet Your Conveyancer
We start with what you should be thinking about before you put your house or flat on the market. What information will be useful before you start looking for a new home – way before you speak with your Conveyancer.
We’ll let you know what to look for the right Estate Agent for you
2. How to Get Your House Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion
3. How to Choose The Right Estate Agent
4. How to Choose The Right Conveyancer – How can you tell if your Conveyancer can walk the walk and not just talk the talk
5. Which Property Websites You Must Visit Before You Buy
Section 2: Conveyancing 101 – The Basic, All Too Obvious, but Essential Questions
6. How long does Conveyancing take?
7. Why Does Conveyancing Take So Long?
8. How much does Conveyancing cost?
Section 3. Survival Guide to the Conveyancing Process
This is a companion guide to navigate through the sometimes choppy waters of the Conveyancing process.
We’ve compiled guides, ebooks, SlideShares to demystify as much of the Conveyancing process for you.
Forewarned is forearmed as they say.
Here is what you can expect.
9. What’s The Name of That Legal Thingy?
10. What does the Conveyancing process involve?
11. Whatever Will My Conveyancer Do Next?
12. What will a local search unlock in your new dream home?
13. What to do after Exchange and before Completion
14. How to Achieve Conveyancing Karma - 10 Remarkably Simple Ways for A Stress-Free Move.
15. What’s in the Conveyancing Quality Scheme for me?
Section 4: Conveyancing Nightmares: Old and New Problems and Pitfalls
In the final section, we group together some problems and pitfalls you may encounter on your Conveyancing journey.
We’ll bring your attention to a few important topics which are not easily categorised elsewhere.
Some of these problems have been around for a long time but some are new and potentially more devasting. In particular, online scams and deposit redirection fraud.
16. Is not having a home survey a big mistake?
17. Deposit Redirection Fraud
18. Conveyancing nightmares: What happens when you fail to complete on your dream home
19. Land Registry Property Fraud
20. Conveyancing Problems: What Do Defects In The Title Look Like?
21. Beware the Rentcharge “Scam” – And It’s Perfectly Legal
22. What is Chancel Repair Liability
23. Should You Be Bothered by Japanese Knotweed
24. Hot Topics: Solar Panels
25. How can I make buying with a partner watertight?
26. Buying a Second Home – can it ever be a primary residence?
27. Putting it all together
28. Conveyancing in a Slideshare
29. What do First Time Buyers need to know
30. Why is Planning Permission so important?
31. Radon Gas and other nasties